Today we will be looking at ShareCash. Is it a scam? Or, Is it a real opportunity for you to make some money online?
Owners: ShareCash, LLC
Rank: 20 out of 100
ShareCash is a PPD or Pay Per Download site. The way it works is you upload your files to ShareCash, Advertise your files availability by posting it in forums, or, developing websites or blogs, linking to your sharecash uploads.
When someone wants to download your previously uploaded file they are required to take a survey or a trial service of some kind.
Advertisers, or survey marketers pay Sharecash for the opportunity to market to the file downloaders, and you as the file uploader will receive a fee for each each download your files get.
According to their online information, and, comments and reviews from users that I have researched, the average pay per file is approximately one dollar. The range of earnings per download is from $0.20 to $20.00.
Disclaimer: I am not now, nor have I ever been a member of ShareCash. This review is based on the public information I am able to find on ShareCash. I will show you the data that I have compiled in order to form and educated opinion. I hope that I have saved you some time researching this company and the “opportunity” they are offering.
Pros and Cons
- Not too sure I can find any other than what is stated on their website. I was able to find some sites / threads where people indicated they did receive payment from the site for their downloaded files. But, I did NOT find any real evidence of this.
- Free Membership
I have found many websites with users complaining about the following issues relating to ShareCash:
- Receiving malware with or during the download process
- Failure of user to receive payments for downloads
- Excessive pop-ups
- Fake surveys that do not unlock the download
- Unsafe for Children
More Issues with ShareCash:
- The company that owns ShareCash has an F rating with the BBB
- The BBB Report above shows this company has an address of:
4324 Share Cash Ave. Tampa, FL 33611This Address does NOT Exist! There is no street in Tampa called Share Cash Ave. I could find no reference for this in Google Maps.
- There is NO reference for this business at Sunbiz.org – The Florida Division of Corporations
- Whois Domain information for sharecash.org is privacy protected by WhoisGuard. While this is NOT illegal, and, can be used to prevent spam to the domain owner, it can also be used to help conceal the true ownership of a website. Most reputable websites do NOT use privacy protection.
- I found several sites where that were happy to discuss how to “trick” people into getting your ShareCash downloads. While this may not be the direct fault of ShareCash, I’m sure they know these types of things are taking place within their service.
- The sites most recent “News” entry on their site is June 24, 2014. It seems to me that ANY reputable site would have had an update since then, it is March 2016.
Screenshot of “News” Latest date June 24, 2014
- MyWot.com rates this site as Low Trustworthiness, Low Child Safety:
The list of negatives for ShareCash is just way too high for me to even think about trying this.
Who is ShareCash For?
Their website seems to market to those who would like to make money by uploading their files and promoting them. I found it interesting that a site that is promoting their users making money by people downloading their files, did NOT offer a directory or listing of the files available on the site to download.
ShareCash Tools and Training
Their website indicates innovative tools, a sleek user interface that makes it easy and fun to get the work done.
Website Excerpt – “Our dedicated support team has multiple full-time staff from all over the world to help you 24/7 with whatever you need, and our forum is home to hundreds of skilled uploaders who are willing to answer any questions you may have.”
I would note that on the main site I could NOT find a link to support. I also found no reference to any support from the owners of the company.
I have been able to determine that there are two account types. Free, and Premium. But, I have not been able to determine what the pricing is for the premium account. I suppose you have to be a member to get that information. Seems a little fishy to me.
My Final Opinion of ShareCash
While I am open to looking at almost any kind of money making opportunity, and over the years I have tried quite a few. I think I would have to pass on this one.
Even though the membership is free, I don’t think I would feel comfortable giving them my personal information, even just to sign up.
Since I did find some anecdotal evidence that some people might be making money with this site. I won’t rate them a zero, but, because I also found quite a few people that were trying to trick people into downloading their content that they have hosted on this site just to make a buck, I will NOT be giving them a very high rating.
This may not be the direct responsibility of the site, but it still is something that I would steer clear of.
With all of this, and the F rating from the Better Business Bureau in mind, I rate ShareCash at 20 out of a possible 100.
I believe they are operating a legal business, but, I also believe that their legal business could be a support mechanism of many of the things most of us don’t want any part of.
Malware, Pop-Up Ads, Surveys that are really just for gleaning your personal information so they can inundate you with targeted advertising, etc..
I don’t know about you, but I dislike that stuff.
Share Cash at a Glance…
Owners: ShareCash, LLC – No personal ownership information available
Price: Free and Premium Memberships. No data available on premium membership price
Overall Rank: 20 out of 100
VERDICT: NOT LEGIT
If you are looking for a way to make money online that is legitimate. That you can do from home, or anywhere with an internet connection.
A method to establish a successful online business that can provide you and your family with a respectable, long term, reliable source of income.
I promise you won’t be disappointed.